Our Mission: The Tibetan Association of Alberta is dedicated to providing an environment for the Tibetan culture and heritage to flourish, adding to the social and cultural fabric within a vibrant and diverse Canada.
- Nurture and promote Tibetan culture, religion, and traditions;
- Teach and preserve the Tibetan language;
- Integrate Tibetans in Canadian Society;
- Represent the Tibetan community at large in Alberta;
- Generate the necessary funds to support all activities of the association
The TAA is also committed to promoting cross-cultural understanding, by interacting and working in partnership with various community and cultural groups. Although the TAA is focused on preserving the Tibetan culture and enhancing the quality of life for all Tibetans living in the local community, we cannot forgot the plight of our fellow Tibetans living in Tibet.
- Supports the leadership of the His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama;
- Supports the objectives of the Tibetan Government in Exile;
- Organizes peaceful protests and vigils to support Tibetan prisoners of conscience;
- Raise awareness of the suffering of Tibetans under Communist Chinese occupation
The Tibetan Association of Alberta is recognized by the Tibetan Administration in Exile, as the official organization representing all Tibetans in the province of Alberta. The TAA acts as a liaison between the Tibetan community and the North American Office of the Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Thanks – Thuk Je chey !