Tashi Delek everyone,As India is grappling with unprecedented healthcare tragedy amid the second wave of COVID-19, the Central Tibetan Administration has urged all Tibetans to donate to the PM CARES FUND, Prime Minister’s Emergency Relief Fund, to show our solidarity with the people and the Government of India. CTA officials and staff are contributing their one-day salary to the PM CARES FUND and similarly Tibetan communities across the world are requested to immediately begin collecting donations and send them to the respective Office of Tibet by May 6, 2021.Hence, TAA is urging all Tibetans to donate, any amount in one’s capacity, to help our Indian brothers and sisters in their toughest times. We have created two options to donate:
1) Online via Interac e-transfer to TAA account at firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention ‘DONATION TO COVID-INDIA’ on the Comment section,
2) In person donation – TAA executive will collect donations at Chikhang (2339 16A Street SE) on Sunday, May 2nd from 10 AM – 6 PM. All donations must be sent to TAA before May 5, 2021 in order for us to forward the donations to the Office of Tibet by May 6, 2021. Thank you.
http://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.png00TibetAdminhttp://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.pngTibetAdmin2021-04-29 10:38:152021-04-29 10:39:26URGENT APPEAL TO ALL TIBETANS TO DONATE TO HELP INDIA IN THE COVID-19 CRISIS
Please see below announcement from Depart of Finance, CTA regarding Online payment option for Chatrel (Greenbook) contribution called EChatrel. “Dept of Finance, CTA started the Chatrel Online Project Named EChatrel In June 2020. The Project is going as per the Timeline so far and CTA is hoping to Launch the project Live by March-April, 2021. CTA is excited that finally Tibetan people will be able to pay their annual Chatrel online without having to do it Manually. CTA has chosen North America as the Pilot region so we will be the first one to experience the online Chatrel Payment! CTA plans to launch the project in other regions if the project proves to be successful in North America. The Project is in the Development stage and CTA needs our cooperation to move forward. One of the first steps for any user to pay online would be to go through the Authentication Process, for that every user needs a google account (gmail address). CTA requested Tibetan people across North America to fill up and submit a google form which asks for our. -Greenbook number, Date of Birth and Gmail address. Once CTA receives these credentials from as many Tibetan as possible , they are going to validate it and input it into the database, so that everyone could have a smooth authentication Process when they actually go to do Chatrel Payment online later in April. Please see below YouTube link for detailed information. https://youtu.be/ZTPjqkMbDiU
http://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.png00TibetAdminhttp://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.pngTibetAdmin2021-01-28 07:32:052021-01-28 07:32:07EChatrel - ONLINE PAYMENT FOR CHATREL (GREENBOOK)
To bring all Tibetans closer and connect with each other in our community, we bring to you a little fun program for this coming Tibetan Losar.
Losar Sangweh Deakar!
What that means is, we will have a secret gift exchange. We invite Tibetans of all ages to participate in this fun event. Please see the video link here for more detailed information
Please see below program;
1. Gift cost should be between $20 -$25.
2. Send email by January 31, 2021 to email@example.com to sign up or contact any executives to sign up. (Please specify the age group)
3. We will draw the names for each person to exchange gifts with and will inform you individually.
4. Gift should be dropped by February 6, 2021 at Chikhang at 2339 16a St SE, Calgary T2G1P9
OR let us know to pick it up from your place if you are unable to drop.
5. We will sanitize the gifts and leave it at Chikhang for a few days.
6. We will deliver the gifts on 2nd day of Losar, February 13, 2021 to all individuals who signed up.
We hope everyone will participate in this program and will have some fun during this difficult time. If you have any questions or need more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any one of us at Tenzin Chodak at 403-606-1772, Tsering Chophel at 403-991-8462, Lobsang Thinley at 587-707-6144, Tseten Yeshi at 403-401-7613, Tseten Tashi at 403-975-0780, Lobsang Genden at 403-613-4263, Sonam Chodon at 403-471-1124.
To drop your gift or if leaving it outside, please inform Lochoe la at 587-718-1959, Chikhang address (2339 16a St SE, Calgary T2G1P9).
TAA is initiating a Covid Task Team to help all Tibetans in our community facing hardship during pandemic.
We respect individuals’ privacy and we will ensure that any information shared to the Task Team will be kept private to protect the privacy of the affected individuals.
To support all Tibetans and especially those who are affected, we have come up with the following task to help the best way we can.
1. Shopping for Groceries/Meals or other Essential items – Help covid patients or senior living alone or patient/s who are living with families that are affected.
2. Translator at Hospitals – Will arrange interpreter at different hospital for covid patient or for anyone who need to go for Test for covid (AHS will be notified for interpreter)
3. EI, CRB, CRCB, CRSB and Bi-weekly EI report – Help with applying for EI, CERB and Bi-weekly EI report to those who have lost their income due to covid.
If you or your family member or anyone you know are affected by covid and need help, please contact any one of us via phone or text. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
Tenzin Chodak at 403-606-1772, Tsering Chophel at 403-991-8462, Lobsang Thinley at 587-707-6144, Tseten Yeshi at 403-401-7613, Tseten Tashi at 403-975-0780, Lobsang Gaden at 403-613-4263, Sonam Chodon at 403-471-1124.
http://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.png00TibetAdminhttp://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.pngTibetAdmin2021-01-15 18:18:172021-01-15 18:20:20COVID Task Team
http://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.png00TibetAdminhttp://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.pngTibetAdmin2020-01-08 19:05:292020-01-08 19:10:54Green Book Message in Tibetan
http://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.png00TibetAdminhttp://albertatibetan.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TAA-Logo-3-300x60-1.pngTibetAdmin2020-01-08 18:54:262020-01-08 19:11:28Green Book Message in English